Delivering Total Power Solutions, when clean power is mission critical under extreme harsh conditions.
Acumentrics has been a trusted market leader in RUPS™ (Rugged Uninterruptible Power Supply) for harsh and combat environments as well as heavy-duty industrial applications, providing clean power conditioning and battery backup when reliability is mission-critical. Acumentrics, is a preferred supplier of US-made power electronics to many of the world’s largest prime defense contractors.
The modern military relies on computers and other sophisticated electronic equipment and relies on RUPS™ to keep that equipment online under these extremely harsh environments, with application-specific Military regulatory requirements including stringent safety regulations. Electrical variance, surges, spikes, sags, and interruptions can cause communication breakdown and data loss that are critical for running complexes processes that do not accept any power failure, especially during the rigors of active duty. Furthermore, very high reliability and low maintenance (long product life) are vital.
Acumentrics technology is based on over 20 years of experience in delivering trusted, reliable and rugged back up power solutions to military specifications.
From the start, Acumentrics designed and manufactured in the USA, the Rugged-UPS™ to provide clean AC or DC power supply in harsh environments, including dust, rain, wind, heat, cold, humidity, anti-fungal, corrosion, vibration & shock and blowing sand. Our 1 kW and 2 kW UPS units are trusted worldwide in both military and industrial applications. Today, Acumentrics RUPS has an extensive portfolio of rugged power electronics products including Rugged-UPS™, power conditioners and power accessories, that can be mounted in 19" cabinets and in transit cases, with over 65,000 units, in particular, deployed globally for:
- Portable VSAT Communications
- Deployed Forward Operating Base Command and Control
- Vetronics power system for all vehicle based electronics systems
- Sheltered and Portable UAVs Ground Control Stations
- Light weight man portable power systems
- Ships board and submarines
- Airborne LiDAR
- Industrial and Corporate Sites
- Tidal Power Plants
Acumentrics RUPS Unique Technology offer:
- Flo-Thru™ Technology – Unique heat exchanger tunnel design and environmental EMI gasket sealed enclosure provides maximum protection for internal components from the damaging effects of blown precipitation, moisture, airborne particles, and other contaminants in the operating environment. Advanced fan controls provide the correct airflow for cooling, while minimizing noise and fan life.
- True Worldwide Input™ – Compatibility with global voltages and frequencies source — AC from 40 to 440 Hertz and 80-265 volts, plus DC from 20 to 32 volts. The UPS then can output pure 50 or 60 cycles AC at 110 or 230 volts, and DC at 12, 24, 28, or 48 volts.
- Power Factor Correction – Seamless active power-factor correction and clean, reliable AC or DC power, provides high efficiency.
- User Replaceable Battery Pack – Rapid hot-swap field replacement.
- On-line Double Conversion – Creation of DC voltage which is then converted to the needed AC or DC output voltage, protecting sensitive equipment from common power problems that can harm your computers and corrupt your data like: power failure (a total loss of input utility power), power sag (short-term low voltage), power surge (spike), under-voltage (brownout), over-voltage, line noise (high frequency waveform caused by RFI or EMI interference), frequency variance (a change in frequency stability), switching transient (instantaneous under-voltage - notch), harmonic distortion (distortion of the normal waveform generally transmitted by nonlinear loads) [reference IEEE E-0505]
- LFP Battery Pack Chemistry – Direct replacement of Lead Acid Battery Packs allows a much longer cycle and calendar life, with a long storage life even at high temperatures. Higher temperature range, much lighter than lead acid and maintenance free allows high energy applications with a much smaller total cost of ownership. Crush, fire and bullet penetration testing has been performed to simulate combat situations. Test results indicate that Acumentrics’ LFP Battery Packs remain intact and demonstrated only minimal reactions to these extremely abusive conditions.
Acumentrics, Inc., headquartered in Walpole, Massachusetts, has been a trusted market leader in Rugged UPS™ for harsh and combat environments as well as heavy-duty industrial applications, since 1994. RUPS™ products provide clean power conditioning and battery backup when reliability is mission-critical. Acumentrics, is a preferred supplier of US-made power electronics to many of the world’s largest prime defense contractors.
Acumentrics, Inc. USA design and manufacturing teams are experts at delivering Total Power Solutions, when clean power is mission critical under extreme harsh conditions. Whatever your power system needs are, from RUPS™ electrical performance, rugged connectivity, cables, backplanes, PDU, transit cases, racks, battery technology and their associated chargers for high energy or high power applications and communication interfaces, Acumentrics will adapt its offerings to your requirements, as it has done to many of the world’s largest prime defense contractors and heavy industrial manufacturers.
Acumentrics customers worldwide include General Dynamics, Rockwell, Raytheon, General Atomics, AAI Textron,ComTech, L-3 Communications, Lockheed Martin Corporation, SAIC, CACI, BAE Systems, OpenHydro, and the United States military including the Coast Guard, Army, Navy, USMC and Air Force.