Acumentrics RUPS offers four principal classes of Rugged Uninterruptable Power Supplies: B2K( 4U), 2U, 1U (Rugged Blade) and COTS Select. The first three are all configurable for different applications and are offered with accessories including battery chargers, battery packs, transport cases, mounting kits, cases and SNMP software. The COTS Select product is a more stripped down standard product currently offered in three size ranges.
All of Acumentrics four principal product lines are based on the same broad architecture:
The B2K, 2U and 1U are designed for heavy military application or similar industrial application and the COTS Select product for light military application or similar commercial and industrial applications. All products but the COTS Select are certified to meet certain critical military standards, including 810G (environmental extremes, blown precipitation, shock and vibration), 461F (low Electro-Magnetic Interference), 1275D (steady output in the face of wide input voltage variations) and 1399 and 901 (Harmonics and Torpedo shock proof for Naval applications). The COTS Select is UL Listed, commercial grade standard.
Acumentrics RUPS has deployed over 65,000 units since its founding in 1994. Common features and benefits are as follows:
- Power failures corrected from wide frequency/voltage input range
- True online UPS, double conversion design
- Dual input automatically selects AC or DC power
- Up to 30 minutes of battery backup
- Lightweight and durable aluminum chassis
- Weather and shock resistant
- Wide operating temperature (-18°C - 50°C)
- Communications ready
- MIL - STD
- Clean, reliable AC or DC power
- Protects sensitive equipment from surges, spikes, blow outs and noise
- Seamless automatic power backup from any source
- Covers most backup needs
- Lightness and durability
- Ability to operate in harsh conditions
- Easy to use
- Approved for all military applications
The following table summarizes the key differences between Acumentrics’ four principal products;
- True worldwide input™
- Worldwide AC/DC conversion
- Online dual conversion
- Worldwide AC/DC conversion
- On-line dual conversion
- LFP Battery
- N + I
- SNMP v3
- EMI – MIL-STD-461-F
- Shock - MIL-STD-810-G and MIL-S-901-D
- DOD 28VDC MIL Vehicles–1275-D
- UL Listed, commercial grade standard
- 4U, 2U and 1U: qualifies products that can be mounted on 19" racks and transit cases, U is the height unit, all of them being a multiple of 1.75" (i.e. 1U=1.75", 2U=3.5", 4U=7")
- Flo-Thru™: Technology trademarked by Acumentrics: Unique heatsink tunnel design and gasket sealed enclosure provides maximum protection for components from the damaging effects of moisture, airborne particles, and other contaminants in the operating environment allowing very high quality and reliability.
- Online dual conversion: Creation of DC voltage, which is then converted to the needed AC or DC output voltage, protecting sensitive equipment from surges, spikes, brownouts, blackouts and noise. The output signal quality is independent of the input signal quality.
- LFP Battery: The latest Lithium Iron Phosphate (LFP) chemistry provides a Lead Acid Battery replacement with a very safe solution that provides a much longer run time (>2X) and is much lighter (X/2) with a storage time that is 3 to 5 times longer.
- N+1: Is the ability to deliver a fault tolerant power system by adding units in parallel with handshake functionality between units, that delivers a very clean power when one unit becomes non operational. It also supports the navy ship zonal design architecture that is critical to deliver power to mission critical systems.
- SNMP: Simple Network Management Protocol provides the communication interface for exchanging information between network devices. This protocol is commonly used for military and DOD applications and also used in other industrial applications. SNMPv3 provides an addition of cryptographic security required for secure operations.
The B2K was the original unit designed at the company founding in 1994. It is a very rugged UPS, very reliable and used on the following typical applications: Ground Control Stations, Military Vehicles Power, Communication/Network/IT Systems, Intrusion Surveillance, Tidal Power Plants, Chemical Detection Systems, Portable Combat Operation Centers.
The 2U is also a very rugged UPS, very reliable and used on Portable SAT Communication systems and Intrusion Surveillance systems.
The 1U "Rugged Blade" is Acumentrics newest product. With high power density and fault tolerant N+1 architecture delivers the highest reliability for mission critical applications on very harsh environments.
Acumentrics RUPS Unique Technology offer:
Flo-Thru™ Technology – Unique heat exchanger tunnel design and environmental EMI gasket sealed enclosure provides maximum protection for internal components from the damaging effects of blown precipitation, moisture, airborne particles, and other contaminants in the operating environment. Advanced fan controls provide the correct airflow for cooling, while minimizing noise and fan life.
True Worldwide Input™ – Compatibility with global voltages and frequencies source — AC from 40 to 440 Hertz and 80-265 volts, plus DC from 20 to 32 volts. The UPS then can output pure 50 or 60 cycles AC at 110 or 230 volts, and DC at 12, 24, 28, or 48 volts.
Power Factor Correction – Seamless active power-factor correction and clean, reliable AC or DC power, provides high efficiency.
User Replaceable Battery Pack – Rapid hot-swap field replacement.
On-line Double Conversion – Creation of DC voltage which is then converted to the needed AC or DC output voltage, protecting sensitive equipment from common power problems that can harm your computers and corrupt your data like: power failure (a total loss of input utility power), power sag (short-term low voltage), power surge (spike), under-voltage (brownout), over-voltage, line noise (high frequency waveform caused by RFI or EMI interference), frequency variance (a change in frequency stability), switching transient (instantaneous under-voltage - notch), harmonic distortion (distortion of the normal waveform generally transmitted by nonlinear loads) [reference IEEE E-0505].