Makers of Rugged-UPS™ Technology
Acumentrics is a leader in Rugged-UPS™ (AC and DC uninterruptible power supplies) for rugged and reliable power conditioning, backup power supplies, and other mission-critical applications. The company's Rugged-UPS™ (RUPS) products are trusted in punishing environments with over 65,000 units deployed globally in military and industrial sites. At Acumentrics, we believe that our work environment and your career should be as energizing as our Rugged-UPS™.
Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities with Acumentrics. Our offices are located in Walpole, Massachusetts, USA. The following positions are currently available. Please note: Direct applicants only.
Acumentrics Open Positions:
Acumentrics is seeking an Engineering Technician to support product development with design, fabrication, documentation and test of new power systems up to 5KW.. The position is located in our Corporate Headquarters in Walpole, MA and will report to the Vice President of Engineering. Desireable requirements include: familiarity with design and manufacturing processes and generation of ECOs, knowledge of schematic capture and layout tools like PADS Logic and Layout preferred, ability to build and solder SMT and PTH PCBs, experience with power circuits up to 400V and battery systems, ability to circuit debug to the component level and proficiency using oscilloscopes, electronic sources and loads. For more information please read more through our position description link below:
Power Supply / Power Electronics Engineer
Acumentrics is seeking a seasoned, energetic, and self-motivated individual with High Frequency Switching Power Supply and Analog Circuitry design experience. The candidate will be a member of the development team working on leading edge ruggedized high-power density, redundant, scalable 1-5KW UPS systems in a dynamic, fast paced and challenging environment. The candidate shall be technically sound in power electronics and mixed signal designs with good fundamental understanding of various switching supply topologies, magnetic design, control theory and thermal management. He/she shall possess basic understanding of digital circuits, CPLDs, and micro-controller architectures/designs. Working knowledge with redundant and non-redundant UPS architectures, battery charging/management systems and Safety Agency requirements are desirable. He/she shall be hands-on and possesses good listening, written and verbal communication, organization, and interpersonal skills.
The candidate will be working on new designs and improving the performance and reliability of an existing power system within a new UPS platform. He/she will ensure designs and improvements are made in an efficient, cost effective and timely manner while meeting customer expectations. He/she shall be capable of working independently and will be responsible for the success of multiple tasks under little guidance of senior level personnel. The candidate may be called upon to perform a variety of tasks including but not limited to circuit design, circuit analysis/modeling/simulation, debugging/testing/validation of prototypes, schematic capture, oversee PCB layouts, BOM generation, electrical and thermal stress evaluations and documentation, and other comprehensive testing.
Technical Account Manager
Acumentrics is seeking a Technical Account Manager with experience in Inside / Outside Sales ideally selling power electronics or similar hardware to the DOD, Homeland Security, Prime Contractors, and Commercial Industries (Telecom, Tele-Medicine, Robotics, Energy, etc.). This position will be responsible for identifying, qualifying, capturing, and securing Power System opportunities within government and commercial markets, and will work closely with the Sales and Marketing team in converting new and existing business opportunities that are consistent with Acumentric's’ core competencies and revenue targets. The position is located in our Corporate Headquarters in Walpole, MA and will report to the Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing.
Atrex Open Positions:
Sr. Quality Engineer
This position is for our Atrex business
The Sr. Quality Engineer is a critical position reporting to the VP of Operations. This position is responsible for Product Quality, Process Development, and adherence to Continuous Improvement (CI) of the Company’s commercial products. This also includes working with the Company’s suppliers to insure that our material and components achieve the highest value and quality.
Senior/Principal Electrical Engineer:
This position is for our Atrex business
Work in conjunction with our existing power electronics team to develop and implement product evolution and cost reduction. Assist in circuit and system design of fuel cell products. Design and debug power conversion sub-assemblies from schematic design through board layout to fabrication and production. Work with fuel cell products to support fabrication and test at component, sub-system and system level, as well as design and implementation of custom interface and feedback conditioning circuitry as required.
- Design and develop power Systems for rugged outdoor enclosures for industrial and defense applications.
- Complete design and documentation from start to finish. Convert customer requirements into product specifications.
- Experience in AC/DC, DC/DC and DC/AC converters up to: 5KW, 48VDC, 240VAC.
- Knowledge of modern topologies, control schemes and power architectures.
- Experience in mitigating EMI/EMC
- Experience in design for assembly/manufacturing/test.
- Provide manufacturing and customer support for technical issues
- Able to lead a team and work hands on in the lab.
- Ability to communicate at a professional level verbally and written.
- Analog, digital and power electronics design skills
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting capabilities.
- Test equipment proficiency including oscilloscopes, power analyzers and emulators.
- Good mechanical skills and aptitude.
- PCB layout skills, preferably PADS.
- Proficient with embedded systems
- Proficient with software (e.g. Visual basic, C)
- Proficiency with engineering software tools (e.g. Mathcad, Matlab, SPICE and/or variants thereof)
- Be detail oriented and produce accurate and concise documentation
- Ability to work independently or in a multifunctional team environment
- Mental agility – able to respond to critical situations in a rapid and accurate manner
- Effective communication (verbal and written)
- Proficient in MS Office
- BS EE, MS strongly desired
- >5 years experience in power electronics
- Prior experience in SOFC products strongly desired.
Manufacturing / Process Engineer
This position is for our Atrex business
Works with product design & development engineering and manufacturing personnel to evaluate and develop efficient manufacturing methods to improve overall product quality.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops, enhances, and implements systems that increase efficiency and optimize all phases of service or production processes, from design to manufacturing.
- Oversees process design projects and ensures the efficient and safe functioning of all the processes related to producing a product or service.
- Designs processes and equipment related to the development and commercialization of products or services that are cost effective and in keeping with a given budget.
- Evaluates existing processes, suggests measures for improvement, and configures manufacturing systems to reduce cost, improve sustainability, boost productivity, quality, and profitability, and develop best practices within the production process.
- Implements methods and process designs, creates prototypes, tests, and makes necessary modifications where required.
- Works with product developers & designers along with Operations personnel to develop a cost-effective and working production process utilizing DFMA tools to simplify product assembly and cost at the design phase.
- Integrates new technologies into existing processes to improve throughput and quality.
- Conducts tests on systems for efficiency and accuracy until a quality and cost-effective production process is implemented successfully.
- Assesses safety requirements and ensures that these are integrated into the process; maintains reliable and safe manufacturing systems while improving production rates, efficiencies, yields, costs and changeovers.
- Develops innovative solutions to design, production, and product issues implementing cost effective solutions.
- Improves process capability and production volume while maintaining and improving quality standards.
- Works closely with all departments on development and research projects.
Qualifications / Skills / Experience
- B.S. in an Engineering discipline (required)
- 5 years minimum experience (required)
- Familiarity with Lean/Continuous Improvement
- Process controller integration and programming
- Data collection and analytics
- Solidworks/CAD skills
- Database expertise
- Electronic, Electrical, Mechanical aptitude/experience
- Quality system processes and procedures
- Communicate clearly, both written and verbally
- Independent, Progressive Problem Solver
- ECR/ECO, MRB, NCR processes
- ERP exposure