MAKERS OF RUGGED-UPS™ TECHNOLOGY
Acumentrics is a leader in Rugged-UPS™ (AC and DC uninterruptible power supplies) for rugged and reliable power conditioning, backup power supplies, and other mission-critical applications. The company's Rugged-UPS™ (RUPS) products are trusted in punishing environments with units deployed globally in military and industrial sites. At Acumentrics, we believe that our work environment and your career should be as energizing as our Rugged-UPS™.
Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities with Acumentrics. Our offices are located in Walpole, Massachusetts, USA. The following positions are currently available. Please note: Direct applicants only.
Business Development Representative
The Business Development Representative’s primary responsibility is to develop new business relationships with both new and existing customers and markets for Acumentrics, Inc. This individual needs to be focused and results oriented on high leverage activities coupled with strong bias towards action and drive to deliver results in short time frame.
Business Development Representative Duties and Responsibilities
- Experienced B2B Business Development Professional – with demonstrated experience Mapping, Prioritizing, Penetrating, and Closing large Multinational customers / Military / Commercial Customers / Projects
- Analytical Strategic Thinker – Ability to gather and synthesize broad range of data sources and recommend strategy / tactics to exploit identified opportunities
- “Board Room Presence” – Has demonstrated ability to engage executives from all levels or the organization from PEO to CEO.
- Identifying and qualifying business opportunities; coordinating business generation activities; developing customized targeted sales strategies in collaboration with the sales team
- Building business relationships with current and potential clients
- Identifying and researching opportunities that come up in new and existing markets
- Understanding client needs and working with the team to develop offering solutions and support; answering potential client questions and follow-up call questions; responding to client requests for proposals (RFPs)
- Collaborating with sales and leadership to secure, retain, and grow accounts
- Creating informative presentations; presenting and delivering information to potential clients at client meetings, industry exhibits, trade shows, conferences, and virtual presentations
- Creating and maintaining a list/database of prospect clients; maintaining a database (Salesforce, CRM, Excel, etc.) of prospective client information
- Cold calling; making multiple outbound calls to potential clients; working with the client through the closing process
- Meeting all quotas for cold, active, inactive calls, appointments, and interviews; meeting or exceeding annual goals
- Maintaining a pipeline of all sales administration using CRM software
- Collaborating with management on sales goals, planning, and forecasting; maintaining short- and long-term business development plans
- HS Diploma required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred, or equivalent experience;
- 4+ years of military, technical management, or other customer service experience required and/or;
- 4+ years of proven track record as a B2B Business Development Professional with demonstrated experience mapping prioritizing, penetrating, and closing large multinational customers/Military/Commercial Customers/Projects
- 4+ years of cold calling experience; previous experience in an outbound call center, inside sales experience, or related sales experience; knowledge of sales process from initiation to close
- Ability to work with all levels of positions within the Company;
- Retired Military with an active DoD CAC Card that allows physical access to DoD Bases, Buildings and Controlled Spaces is a plus.
- Formal sales training considered a plus (Sandler, Miller Heiman etc.)
- Ability to gather and synthesize a broad range of data sources and recommend strategy/tactics to exploit identified opportunities;
- Has the ability to QUICKLY recognize and uncover all the high level go/no go criteria information in determining Acumentrics “Right To Win” before they invest company resources in pursuing the opportunity.
- Has the ability to build decision maker relationships and networks to uncover and understand an opportunities technical and business requirements to quickly identify why existing/competitive solutions will not work and then confidently lead the customer through Trade Studies, RFIs, RFQs using sound technical evidence to convince the customer that Acumentrics is the only solution that will solve all of the customers problems.
- Experience with lead generation and prospect management
- Strong leadership, self-initiative, resource utilization, and time management skills, as well as team focused;
- Solid interpersonal, written and verbal communication, presentation, and strong computer skills;
- Willingness and ability to travel as required;
- Experience using Salesforce or other CRM required;
- Strong ability to work independently/autonomously.
- Experience using government contract research tools (Bloomberg Government or similar service) considered a plus.
Technical Account Manager
Acumentrics is seeking a Technical Account Manager (TAM) with experience in selling power electronics or similar hardware to the DOD, Homeland Security, Prime Contractors, and Commercial Industries (Telecom, Medical, Robotics, Energy, etc.). This position will be responsible for qualification, capture, and continued customer success of power system design in within government and commercial program.
The TAM will work closely with the Business Development and Sales Engineering team members in converting new and existing business opportunities that are consistent with Acumentrics’ core competencies and revenue targets. The position is located in our Corporate Headquarters in Walpole, MA and will report to the Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing.
The ideal candidate should be a team player, highly skilled, enthusiastic, and detail oriented.
Essential Job Functions:
- Define, drive and capture the power system opportunities that have been identified by the business development efforts (cold calls, web leads, reps, trade shows, meetings and industry networking). Manage opportunities through the RFI, RFQ, capture, product qualification, LRIP (Low Rate Initial Production) and FRP (Full Rate Production) Phases.
- Possess the technical and business acumen to understand the customer's requirements and then guide them into a winning solution using Acumentrics' products and services.
- Work with appropriate client representative(s) to manage programs for successful achievement of gross margin levels by participating in the development and execution of pricing, administrative and operational strategies.
- Utilize well developed listening and open-ended questioning to uncover the client needs; focusing on solutions, and culminating in strong customer relationships.
- Develop a network by identifying and nurturing key customer advocates, joining and attending the meetings of local professional organizations and associations.
- Manage account-wide sales forecasting and opportunity reporting.
- Work closely with the Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing to develop strategic government markets that align with Acumentrics’ core mission.
- Process and quote RMA’s
- Field incoming calls.
- Polished and articulate; able to effectively communicate with all levels of a corporation from engineering to executives.
- Persistent in pursuit of opportunities. Not discouraged by unresponsive prospects or obstacles, or rejection encountered when prospecting.
- Possess ability to make confident and reasoned decisions in the execution of the Sales function including processes that affect every day work and strategic initiatives.
- Establish and maintains an open, professional and efficient means of communication with all customers, both internal and external. Maintain an attitude of quickly responding to internal and external customer needs. Working to the work and not the clock.
- Know when and how to involve other departments and teams to ensure that exceptional support is being provided to the customer always.
- Display the ability to work effectively and efficiently to achieve goals in a highly variable and often stressful business.
- Interface with other departments and work effectively in formal and informal cross-functional teams.
- Has ability to work with minimal supervision, prioritizing work flow daily and effectively planning and organizing work responsibilities.
- Continuously look for opportunities to implement new and innovative ways for driving revenue through solution sales activities.
- Take a proactive approach to interpreting the customer’s requirements and assisting in addressing the customer’s needs while qualifying and advancing sales lead opportunities.
- Professional display and demonstration always in one’s mode of speech, dress, and personal behavior.
- Excellent verbal, written, listening and speaking skills.
- Travel 25% to 35%.
- A BS in Engineering field, with inside/outside technical sales experience preferred.
- The ideal candidate is a BSEE coupled with an MBA and has a background in designing and selling power electronics in the military and industrial sectors.
- Working knowledge of ERP (Epicor is preferred), CRM (salesforce.com is preferred) and experience working with outside reps is required.
- Past Military Service (preferably in a cleared position) is considered a plus.
- Trade show set up and break down
- Two person lift and carry of 150lbs to table height.
- Also being able to stand and walk in excess of 4 hours (trade show booth duty and attendance)
- Must be able to drive in excess of 4 hours (customer visits)
- Must be able to maintain a high level of focus (internal/external meetings) in excess of 4 hours
- Must be able to fly in excess of 10 hours
Acumentrics has a results-oriented culture that demands excellence, agility, and the desire to move quickly and precisely to seize opportunities. Our environment is both challenging and supportive - we give employees the opportunity to develop their skills and do their best work.
Acumentrics offers a total compensation package that is competitive within the industry. Our compensation and benefits offerings are designed to deliver exceptional rewards to exceptional performers, and include paid vacation and Federal holidays, with 401(k), medical and dental insurance, individual performance bonus and a competitive salary (base + commission).
We’re looking for an experienced and versatile marketing manager who is eager to drive business growth. Our ideal candidate needs to be an experienced B2B Digital Marketer who is hungry to help continue to build our expanding brand. An entrepreneurial individual with demonstrated experience operating in fast moving resource constrained environment. This individual will be comfortable with day-to-day marketing activities, as well as long-term strategy, thriving with tight deadlines and changing needs. If you are a people-person who loves the rewarding challenge of building a brand, we want to hear from you.
- Experienced B2B Digital Marketer - with proven track record of leveraging digital media (including marketing automation, SEO and SEM) to drive growth in highly qualified leads in support of expanding our core and adjacent market pipelines
- Brand Builder – with demonstrated experience developing and implementing brand strategy – segmentation, targeting, positioning - to build brand within existing verticals and establish relevance of brand within new adjacent markets
- Research and evaluate new product opportunities, demand for potential products, and customer needs and insights.
- Develop marketing content for campaigns, SM, white papers, and blogs to attract target customers leads
- Lead the execution of marketing programs from start to finish, leveraging internal support and driving collaboration
- Develop a comprehensive digital selling strategy including lead generation, virtual presentations, and e-commerce solutions
- Manage launch campaigns for new products.
- Ensure effective, branded marketing communications, including the company website, print communication, trade shows, conferences, and advertising.
- Establish positioning, identify target audiences, and develop marketing plans with specific objectives across different channels and segments
- Analyze customer insights, consumer trends, market analysis, and marketing best practices to build successful strategies
- Analyze existing customer programs to better understand future opportunities
- Create, maintain, and conduct analytics reporting across multiple platforms and extract key insights for future campaign development and go-to-market strategies, complete with formal proposals and recommendations on tactics
- Identify effectiveness and impact of current marketing initiatives with tracking and analysis, and optimize accordingly
- Present ideas and final deliverables to internal and external teams, and communicate with senior leaders about marketing programs, strategies, and budgets
- Identify and manage Trades Shows and other marketing events to engage with highly qualified prospect that will expand our core and adjacent market pipelines
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or related field
- 10+ years’ experience in a marketing a technology
- Experienced B2B Digital Marketer with proven track record of leveraging digital media (including marketing automation, CRM, SEO and SEM) to drive growth in highly qualified leads in support of expanding our core and adjacent market pipelines
- Brand Builder with demonstrated experience developing and implementing brand strategy – segmentation, targeting, positioning - to build brand within existing verticals and establish relevance of brand within new adjacent markets
- Entrepreneurial mindset with demonstrated experience operating in fast moving resource constrained environment – ideally early career large company training with subsequent experience in small/medium sized growth stage companies
- Exceptional leadership skills with the ability to work in a company, team, and individual settings
- Organized, detail-oriented, deadline-driven, team player
- Strong project management, multitasking, and decision-making skills
- Metrics-driven marketing mind with eye for creativity.
- Experience with marketing automation and CRM tools is a must
- Proficiency with online marketing and social media strategy
- Marketing analytics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in marketing electrical or power products considered a plus
- Willingness and ability to travel