Technical Account Manager
Acumentrics is seeking a Technical Account Manager (TAM) with experience in selling power electronics or similar hardware to the DOD, Homeland Security, Prime Contractors, and Commercial Industries (Telecom, Medical, Robotics, Energy, etc.). This position will be responsible for qualification, capture, and continued customer success of power system design in within government and commercial program.
The TAM will work closely with the Business Development and Sales Engineering team members in converting new and existing business opportunities that are consistent with Acumentrics’ core competencies and revenue targets. The position is located in our Corporate Headquarters in Walpole, MA and will report to the Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing.
The ideal candidate should be a team player, highly skilled, enthusiastic, and detail oriented.
Essential Job Functions:
- Define, drive and capture the power system opportunities that have been identified by the business development efforts (cold calls, web leads, reps, trade shows, meetings and industry networking). Manage opportunities through the RFI, RFQ, capture, product qualification, LRIP (Low Rate Initial Production) and FRP (Full Rate Production) Phases.
- Possess the technical and business acumen to understand the customer's requirements and then guide them into a winning solution using Acumentrics' products and services.
- Work with appropriate client representative(s) to manage programs for successful achievement of gross margin levels by participating in the development and execution of pricing, administrative and operational strategies.
- Utilize well developed listening and open-ended questioning to uncover the client needs; focusing on solutions, and culminating in strong customer relationships.
- Develop a network by identifying and nurturing key customer advocates, joining and attending the meetings of local professional organizations and associations.
- Manage account-wide sales forecasting and opportunity reporting.
- Work closely with the Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing to develop strategic government markets that align with Acumentrics’ core mission.
- Process and quote RMA’s
- Field incoming calls.
- Polished and articulate; able to effectively communicate with all levels of a corporation from engineering to executives.
- Persistent in pursuit of opportunities. Not discouraged by unresponsive prospects or obstacles, or rejection encountered when prospecting.
- Possess ability to make confident and reasoned decisions in the execution of the Sales function including processes that affect every day work and strategic initiatives.
- Establish and maintains an open, professional and efficient means of communication with all customers, both internal and external. Maintain an attitude of quickly responding to internal and external customer needs. Working to the work and not the clock.
- Know when and how to involve other departments and teams to ensure that exceptional support is being provided to the customer always.
- Display the ability to work effectively and efficiently to achieve goals in a highly variable and often stressful business.
- Interface with other departments and work effectively in formal and informal cross-functional teams.
- Has ability to work with minimal supervision, prioritizing work flow daily and effectively planning and organizing work responsibilities.
- Continuously look for opportunities to implement new and innovative ways for driving revenue through solution sales activities.
- Take a proactive approach to interpreting the customer’s requirements and assisting in addressing the customer’s needs while qualifying and advancing sales lead opportunities.
- Professional display and demonstration always in one’s mode of speech, dress, and personal behavior.
- Excellent verbal, written, listening and speaking skills.
- Travel 25% to 35%.
- A BS in Engineering field, with inside/outside technical sales experience preferred.
- The ideal candidate is a BSEE coupled with an MBA and has a background in designing and selling power electronics in the military and industrial sectors.
- Working knowledge of ERP (Epicor is preferred), CRM (salesforce.com is preferred) and experience working with outside reps is required.
- Past Military Service (preferably in a cleared position) is considered a plus.
- Trade show set up and break down
- Two person lift and carry of 150lbs to table height.
- Also being able to stand and walk in excess of 4 hours (trade show booth duty and attendance)
- Must be able to drive in excess of 4 hours (customer visits)
- Must be able to maintain a high level of focus (internal/external meetings) in excess of 4 hours
- Must be able to fly in excess of 10 hours
Acumentrics has a results-oriented culture that demands excellence, agility, and the desire to move quickly and precisely to seize opportunities. Our environment is both challenging and supportive - we give employees the opportunity to develop their skills and do their best work.
Acumentrics offers a total compensation package that is competitive within the industry. Our compensation and benefits offerings are designed to deliver exceptional rewards to exceptional performers, and include paid vacation and Federal holidays, with 401(k), medical and dental insurance, individual performance bonus and a competitive salary (base + commission).